Tips & Tricks to Successful Video Marketing
Updated: Apr 23
Creating a video for your marketing strategy is a necessity in this day and age. Video is a vital part of our online experience and when it comes to corporate marketing, this is no different. But many companies out there still don’t employ video as a marketing tool and as a result are missing out on the endless possible benefits it could have.
If this is you, then we at Title Productions are here to help as we’ve written our top 5 tips to successful video marketing.
1. Keep it short and sweet – Making sure your video is the right length is a lot more important than most people would first think. The reason is that a lot of consumer’s time spent looking at brands online is done on the go, and a result they expect to be able to consume information and find what they are looking for quickly. For example, a recent survey suggested that “58% of viewers watch a business-related video all the way through if it’s less than 60 seconds, whilst 59.9% indicated that a video being too long would strongly deter them from watching”.
These sorts of figures prove that your marketing video doesn’t have to be long, it just has to be engaging; particularly in the modern world where the abundance of online content is staggering. If you feel that your video didn’t cover all the topics you wanted because of these time constraints, consider adding a call to action so that the viewers can find out more information about you elsewhere.
2. Invest in quality – Spending a bit of time and money to make sure your video looks professional is crucial and becoming more and more important as the amount of video online increases. Because of how much content there is for consumers to watch, they can easily spot a cheap or slapdash job within the first few seconds. You want your video to stand out, that’s the point right? But make sure it stands out for the right reasons and not the wrong. Posting a video that looks rushed and poorly executed can give off an unprofessional vibe, and ultimately turn people away from your brand for good.
3. Be informative – Although marketing videos should be relatively succinct, you still need to provide important information to your viewers. Potential consumers will usually have a wide range of questions about your business, so think about what your FAQ’s are and mention them in your video. If a consumer has a burning question about your product or service but they have to go out of their way to ask you themselves, they will probably just decide to go with someone else.
By employing video as a regular communication tool, you can produce content that seeks to answer some of these questions before they are even asked. In the long run, this will save you time and money whilst showcasing your company as a reputable source of information.
4. Develop your social media – Creating video content without a plan of what to do with it can be a huge waste of time and money. The content of the video is obviously important, but it is how, when and where you post this content that is critical to marketing success.
The role of social media in everyday lives has become unavoidable and having an active social media account with a sizeable yet loyal following will go a long way to helping your business grow.
To achieve this, consider a posting schedule so your followers see regular content and can share it with others, expanding your consumer reach. Social media is perfectly set up for video and it is very easy to post regular video content on these platforms for an affordable price. These platforms are the number one place for online video sharing, so make sure you are uploading your content here or you could be missing out on a huge potential pool of viewers.
5. Be relatable – This last tip is to show off something that we all have: our personality! Sharing your business online gives you the chance to put a face to the brand, be yourself and post light-hearted content that will make your brand more personable and increase your reputation. Although you should still be professional and informative, providing some casual relief through a funny video will attract the engagement of potential customers who in time will start to know, like and trust you. The more of your personality you share, the closer your viewers will feel to you and as a result, the more likely they are to become a loyal customer.
Lead Researcher & Producer